1. Unit 2 vocabulary - define the following words in your ISN (page 60-62).
weathering, erosion, crust, mantle, core, lithosphere,
asthenosphere, rock cycle, metamorphic rock,
sedimentary rock, igneous rock, extrusive rock,
intrusive rock, mesosphere
2. Earth's layers diagram - Draw the diagram of Earth's layer from page 128 in the textbook, in your ISN on page 63-64. Also, copy questions #11-14 from textbook 128 onto these pages and answer them.
3. Earth's layers foldable - Color the attached foldable. Cut out the layers and glue them to a piece of copy paper. Cut out all labels and label your diagram properly. Cut out the description squares for each layer and fill them in, then glue them on your diagram paper also.
4. Complete workbook pages 30-34. Look on page for attachment to print and complete.
5. Complete workbook pages 35-39. Look on page for attachment to print and complete.
6. Print and complete both pages of the rock cycle worksheet.
7. Answer the plate tectonics lab questions (9 total) from the two attachments on this page. Write answers in complete sentences on page 75 in your ISN.
8. Complete the questions on pages 142-143 in your textbook.
9. Cut out the pieces of the attached Pangaea puzzle. Figure out where the landmasses were located when the super continent existed. Glue the pieces together as Pangaea on a piece of copy paper.
10. Complete plate tectonics vocabulary on pages 72-73 in ISN.
seafloor spreading, convergent plate boundary, divergent plate boundary, transform plate boundary, mid-ocean ridge, plate tectonics, rift valley, Pangaea, deep-sea trench
11. Complete Unit 3 vocabulary, starting on page 76 in ISN.
law of superposition, fossil, absolute age dating, relative age dating, radiometric dating, geologic time scale, half-life, radioactive decay
1. Complete Unit 8, Lesson 1-3 vocabulary on page 85 in ISN.
DNA, allele, gene, heterozygous, homozygous, chromosome, meiosis, mitosis, sexual reproduction, asexual reproduction, diploid, haploid, zygote
2. Meiosis phases - Fold a piece of copy paper so that it has 8 boxes. Label each box a phase of meiosis. Draw a picture of each cell phase in the coordinating box. Underneath the picture write a brief description of what is happening in that phase.
3. Complete Unit 8, Lesson 4-5 vocabulary on page 88 in ISN.
gene, dominant trait, recessive trait, genetics, heredity, genotype, phenotype, pedigree, punnett square, probability, ratio
4. Unit 8, Lesson 1 - 3 quiz - See teacher to make up the quiz.
5. Punnett square practice - See attachments (punnett square practice #1 and punnett square practice #2). Finish both assignments.
6. SpongeBob genetics - Print SpongeBob genetics attachment #1 & #2 and complete.
7. Whale article - On loose leaf paper copy the questions and write out the letter and word response for each question. (See the whale article attachments).
8. Finch article - On loose leaf paper copy the questions and write out the letter and word response for each question. (See the finch article attachments).
9. Unit 7 vocabulary - In ISN (page 92) write the following words and definitions: evolution, natural selection, adaptation, extinction, fossil record, species, fossil, population, artificial selection, variation, mutation
10. Workbook pages 106-110. See attached.
11. Complete Unit 10 vocabulary (ISN page 97) - biotic factor, abiotic factor, population, species, ecosystem, biomes, niche, habitat, limiting factors, carrying capacity, symbiosis, competition, predation, mutualism, parasitism, commensalism, producer, consumer, decomposer, food web, food chain